Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Isaiah 1-3; Proverbs 21:1-10

Wednesday's Bible Reading: Isaiah 1-3; Proverbs 21:1-10

Riddle: What is heavy for God when it's empty for me? Click here for the answer.

Last night we went to hear my friend Ralston Bowles and his friends perform in the amphitheater at Meijer Gardens. It was a fabulous evening. Here's a short video clip of Ralston singing "Begging the Question," © Ralston Bowles. The song will be on his new CD, due out in December or January. Click here to visit Ralston's website.



After hearing Ralston's song, I recalled an ODB I had written quite some time ago titled "Whose Side Is God On?" I checked on the status of it and learned that it had been rejected, so I decided that I would rewrite it to post here. After rewriting it, however, I thought maybe I had addressed the reasons that it had been previously rejected so I resubmitted it. The editor likes it now, so it's heading back to the evaluation committee.

As so often happens, the timing is worth noting. The reading in Proverbs today includes this verse:
"All a man's ways seem right to him,
but the LORD weighs the heart. " (21:2)
And the reading from Isaiah indicates whose side God is on . . .

Stop doing wrong,
learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow. (1:16-17)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home