Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Song of Songs 7-8; Proverbs 20:21-30

Tuesday's Bible Reading: Song of Songs 7-8; Proverbs 20:21-30

Christianity Today's daily newsletter is taking a poll. Their question today is "What's your response to Michael Vick saying he 'found Jesus'?" They offer these options as answers:
• Great! I'm so happy he's become a Christian.
• "I found Jesus" is the new "I'm going to rehab"; I'm not impressed.
I'm skeptical, but hopeful that this experience will bring him to Jesus.
I'm disgusted that he'd try to play the "God card."
Other
Click here for my answer.

The test of Vick's sincerity is not what he says today; it's the direction he takes from here on. As Jesus said, "Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me," (Mark 8:34 KJV).

Further, as John writes in his final revelation, "the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely," (Revelation 22:17 KJV). Click here to hear this passage set to music by Marty Goetz.

The truth is, it really doesn't matter what I think or what anyone else thinks:
The lamp of the LORD searches the spirit of a man;
it searches out his inmost being. —Proverbs 20:27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home