Wednesday, July 26, 2006

1 Chronicles 15-16; Proverbs 16:1-11

Wednesday's Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 15-16; Proverbs 16:1-11

The thirty-sixth day of summer.

Today I get my hair cut for the first time in a year. I'm starting to look kind of shaggy.

From shabby . . .

To chic . . .

Thanks to Pat at Grand Salon (who was recommended by my friend Patty Doren). Pat is also the person who so kindly came to my home a year ago and cut my long hair so I didn't have to suffer the trauma of having it all cut off in a public place.

Now, from the silly to the serious . . .

10 p.m. For the first time in about two weeks I've been able to connect to the webcam in Tiberias—The Galilee Experience. It is just after 5 a.m. in Israel, and it is eerily dark. Usually the hotels are brightly lit at night, casting their reflection on the ripples of the water. But not now, not during war. Only a few dim lights give any hint of civilization. Soon the sun will be up and the city will no longer have darkness as a hiding place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home