Monday, July 17, 2006

1 Chronicles 3-4; Proverbs 13:1-12

Monday's Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 3-4; Proverbs 13:1-12

The twenty-seventh day of summer.

o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o º o
Glub, glub, blog . . .
Just as I climbed into the bathtub this morning, my neighbor climbed onto his lawnmower. While I was trying to meet with God, he was attacking nature. Day and night God grows the grass without making a sound. Why does it take a big noisy machine to cut it down to size?

From yesterday's Psalm . . .
5 May all who hate Zion
be turned back in shame.
6 May they be like grass on the roof,
which withers before it can grow.... —Psalm 129:5-6
The war in Israel shows no sign of letting up. Hezbollah continues to launch missiles against Zion.

While I was driving to lunch today I heard part of an interview about food on The Diane Rehm Show. Among the points mentioned was that grass-fed cattle are a much better food source than those that are corn-fed.

So grass was today's theme. But I really wanted to write something about Jabez and his territory from today's reading in 1 Chronicles 4. Maybe I'll add more tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home