Monday, June 18, 2007

1 Chronicles 13-15; Prvoerbs 27:1-14

Monday's Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 13-15; Proverbs 27:1-14

I'm honored to be in such good company. Today I discovered my name along with that of Dr. Thomas C. Oden on the myspace page of cafenate. My little 64-page booklet is humbled to be listed here along with the scholarly work of Dr. Oden, a most gracious and humble man whom I met at the conference Jay and I attended last month in California. Dr. Oden is the general editor of the Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture, published by InterVarsity Press.

Here is the list posted by cafenate:
BOOKS:
* The Bible (NASB has to be my understandable translation, but I like to compare versions. Lately the NEw King James has been my version of choice.).
* The Harry Potter Series (can't really figure out which is my favorite yet...).
* The Chronicles of Narnia series (some parts in "The Horse and His Boy" struck me, and then "The Last Battle" kinda made everything hit home and make sense).
* "The Art of Loving God" by Julie Ackerman Link.
* "John Wesley's Scriptural Christianity" by Thomas C. Oden puts Wesley's teachings into a cohesive whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home