Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Judges 1-3; Proverbs 4:1-17

Wednesday's Bible Reading: Judges 1-3; Proverbs 4:1-17

Believe it or not, this is our back yard today, 11 April 2007.
Oh, Spring, my Spring, where art thou, my Spring?!



Irony . . .
While I am struggling to keep a fire going in my fireplace to chase away the gloom of this snowy April day, I learned that firefighters in Nashville, Tennessee, were unable to stop the fire that destroyed the home of country music legend Johnny Cash.

Before . . .



After . . .



Today's news coverage led me back to my favorite DVD, "Hurt." This day of fire and ice is a good time to watch it once again and reflect on its profound and sobering beauty. Click here to watch it on YouTube.com.

The "Hurt" DVD was my inspiration for writing "Choose to Feel." Too often I choose wrong things in order to hide feelings or numb feelings in an attempt to avoid legitimate and healthy bad feelings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home