Friday, September 15, 2006

Romans 1; Proverbs 2:12-22

Friday's Bible Reading: Romans 1; Proverbs 2:12-22

The eighty-sixth day of summer.

It was a long but good day at Maranatha yesterday. I received quite a bit of positive feedback after my workshop. To everyone who commented on how interesting it was I said, "That's an answer to prayer because I was afraid it was going to be boring so I had friends back home praying specifically that it wouldn't be. All I can say is that God must have intervened because my presentation was definitely boring but God made them see / hear something that wasn't! Praise the Lord!

I wasn't able to go to the premiere showing of the Dutch Resistance documentary produced by Storytelling Pictures because I had to stay at Maranatha for conferences with participants. Jay went however and came home nearly speechless because it was so moving. He couldn't even stay for the reception after because he was so choked up. Apparently Corey and company have put together a very moving piece of filmwork.

The Ruth Tucker / Calvin Seminary saga broke the media barrier this week. What I've read so far concerns me. I'm all for equal rights for women, but, as Jay keeps reminding me, not everything bad that happens to women is due to their gender. Unfairness is no respecter of gender. Men get treated badly too.
Grand Rapids Press story.
Ruth Tucker's website.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever listened to yourself? You're NEVER boring!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home