Friday, June 23, 2006

John 21; Proverbs 5:1-14

Friday's Bible Reading: John 21; Proverbs 5:1-14

The third day of summer.

Go to the ant, you sluggard;
TABconsider its ways and be wise! —Proverbs 6:6

This verse wasn't part of yesterday's Bible reading, but it was illustrated yesterday in my mailbox so apparently the schedule is slightly off rhythm. When I went to get the mail, the box was swarming with newly hatched ants. And the larvae of not-yet-hatched ants looked globs of, well, uh, so as not to ruin anyone's favorite food let's just say it looked like globs of ant larvae. The still picture I've inserted doesn't do the scene justice because you can't see the baby ants darting in all directions.

But trust me, they definitely were not sluggardly. They were busily doing something, but I couldn't tell what it was. It looked like mass confusion. I thought about cleaning up the mess with a bucket of water, but I figured Jay would want to see it when he got home so I saved it for him. I did however take a picture to show to friends. And it was a good thing I did. By the time Jay got home the ants were gone, and so was any sign that they had been there. What neatniks! What can I say that hasn't already been said, "Consider their ways and be wise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home